Price – £675pp
Duration – 4 Nights / 5 Days (3-4 days on snow)
Camp 1 – 21st-25th February
Camp 2 – 21st-25th March
Do you fancy learning to snowboard whilst making new friends and awesome memories?!
New for 2022 is our beginner specific snowboard camp. This kind of snowboard camp has been almost impossible to run due to snow conditions being so inconsistent. But now, the Lecht Ski Centre have invested heavily in enough snow making equipment to cover the whole beginner’s area for the winter season.
You will arrive in Ballater on Monday afternoon and will be transferred to the Howe of Torbeg, your accommodation for the week. Think glamping pods in the most peaceful location, overlooking the countryside and river. Ideal for campfires, toasting marshmallows and getting to know your fellow snowboarders.
Here we will have a quick site induction and chat about the week ahead. In the evening we are extremely lucky to have a very special guest. Ben Kilner, ex Olympic Snowboarder, will give an introduction to snowboarding and will also take a wee snowboard specific stretch and warm up class. Ben is now a gym owner and personal trainer, so he is the perfect person to prepare you for your first snowboarding adventure!
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be very similar, we will start the day with breakfast before heading up to the Lcht2090. On the first day we will organise all your hire kit and then get you out on your first 2 hour lesson. After that we will break for lunch where we can either provide packed lunches or you can try out the café. After lunch you will have the choice to practice your new skills or head back to the accommodation to chill out.
We will have a selection of evening talks and classes, including kit buying advice, snowboard maintenance advice, yoga classes and optional massage sessions. We highly recommend the yoga and massage sessions, they are great for sorting out those muscles when you are new to snowboarding!
All meals will be provided apart from on the last night where we will head to nearby Ballater together for some apres. There are many good restaurants and bars to choose from!
Evening meals will be high carb style, warming dishes such as lasagne, curry and chilli. Of course we can cater for other options, allergies or intolerances – just let us know!
For breakfast each morning we will provide porridge, cereal, fruit, tea and coffee.
Friday is the last day and the choice is yours on how to spend it. If you are keen to get back on the snow then we can take you back up the hill for a full or half day depending on your departure time.
If you are all boarded out and up for some exploring, we can provide some great foodie and distillery tours. Or there are many other outdoor activities or wellbeing activities to choose from in the area. Don’t worry if you have a long journey home you can set off after breakfast. The day is yours to do what you like!
- 3 x 2hr snowboard lessons.
- 3 days of lift passes.
- All hire kit – board, boots, bindings & helmet.
- All transfers and transport.
- 4 nights accommodation (pods sleeping 2 and shared facilities)
- Breakfast, packed lunch and evening meals on all days apart from the last night where we will go out for a meal at your own expense.
- Introduction to snowboarding and fitness guidance from Olympic snowboarder and local hero, Ben Kilner.
- Talk on snowboard kit and buying advice from Simon at Boarderline, Aberdeenshire’s legendary board shop.
- Evening yoga class from Ojas Yoga & Massage Therapy to help loosen the body and unwind.
Additional extras –
- Massages can be arranged with our expert masseuse, prices available on request.
- On the last day there is the option to head off early or enjoy another day on the slopes.
- Also available for the last day are distillery tours, foodie tours, guided shopping trip on Royal Deeside or a range of outdoor and wellbeing activities.
In the unlikely event that this hill is storm bound and we cannot make it to the ski centre then we will have a range of other activities on offer like, MTB, E-MTB, guided low level walks, paddle sports and even the chance for some winter wild swimming for those who desire! Or we can go on a food and drink tour and sample some of the excellent local produce in the area.
Online booking coming soon, in the meantime please click “Book Now” to contact us.
Please see T&C’s page for full booking conditions and cancellation policy.